Share your story! Wisconsin at Work, Wisconsin at Play
This spring and summer, we’re looking for your stories of work and play in Wisconsin. Share your story on Recollection Wisconsin, a place to discover historical resources and share your Wisconsin story, and you may be featured on Wisconsin Life!
We’re looking for stories and photos of your first job, what you make or do now, or what lessons your work life has taught you. Tell us about your summer vacations or your summers at camp. Just about any topic is welcome within the theme as long as it is a personal narrative with a strong connection to Wisconsin.
Need a nudge? Here are some ideas to help you get started.
- Do you work in a family-owned business? How has the business changed from your parents’ or grandparents’ time?
- Does your job require a special language? Is there a “lingo” unique to your work?
- What about any special tools or equipment or clothing needed to do your job? Have you ever built or customized or “hacked” any tools to get the job done?
- Housework is work too, of course. Tell us about learning to keep house. Are there tips or tricks learned from previous generations that you still use today?
- Did you spend your summers at camp? Where? Tell us about your adventures (or misadventures).
- Did your family have any summer traditions when you were growing up? Or have you created any traditions now? What and why?
- Do you have a favorite summertime game or activity? Why do you look forward to it? How did you learn to play?
- Did your family have a cabin “Up North”?
Go to Recollection Wisconsin for rules and to submit your story. All approved stories and photos will be archived and publicly accessible through the Recollection Wisconsin website.
You may submit materials at any time, but the deadline to submit stories for consideration for airing on Wisconsin Life is June 15, 2013.Comments powered by Disqus
- wilife posted this